There have been several news articles and discussions around the Biden Administration’s three-part “Build Back Better” plan. The second part of that plan, the American Jobs Plan, will be impacting businesses and provide access to energy efficiency improvements in commercial buildings and residential buildings along with other methods to combat climate change. Now, what does the plan entail and what impact will it have on Americans and their businesses?
What is the American Jobs Plan?
The American Jobs Plan is focused on investing in manufacturing, expanding long-term health care services, and upgrading and repairing America’s physical infrastructure. It is estimated that it will cost $2.65 trillion over the next eight years and should reduce deficits over the long term while building energy efficiency across businesses and homes to create a cleaner and more efficient America.
How will it impact building efficiency requirements or access to more energy-efficient products?
The American Jobs Plan is focused on achieving a more equitable, resilient, and cleaner future. This includes focusing on clean power, electrification of vehicles, building energy-efficient infrastructures, clean manufacturing, and conservation. This plan helps fund the Weatherization Assistance Program which provides energy-efficient improvements to low and middle-income households to install energy-efficient improvements in commercial buildings and households.
How can businesses take advantage of this plan?
The COVID-19 pandemic has increased the stress on businesses, both large and small, to stay afloat during this unprecedented time. The American Jobs Plan has set out to support businesses and to create jobs, including increasing the amount of federal contracting opportunities, encouraging innovation, creating new financing, and increasing access to lending capital. This program is set out to help small businesses navigate the effects of COVID-19 while working towards combating climate change. The methods for improving the energy efficiency of buildings across the country are one way to participate in this initiative.
What products of NGS’ would be good options?
With this new agenda, it can be hard to find the right products to fit your needs. With NGS, we have products that can help you to continue building energy efficiency and the comfortability of your space without compromising your price point. Choose from a variety of NGS solar window films, here are just a few of the options you can choose from.
- 3M™ All Season Window Film— The all-season window films provide benefits throughout the year. From increased insulation to keep your building warm during the winter months, or rejecting the harsh summer rays for a cool interior, increasing energy efficiency in existing buildings and comfort within your space.
- 3M™ Sun Control Window Film Traditional Series— This control window film series reduces heat passing through panes up to 79% and blocks 99% of harmful UV rays. This series increases energy efficiency, the comfort of your home and office, and provides privacy for any building.
- 3M™ Thinsulate™ Window Film Climate Control Series— This climate control series is like installing double-pane to triple-pane windows at a fraction of the cost. This improved energy efficiency throughout the year that contains heat and blocks the cold winter air for commercial or residential buildings.
- 3M™ Sun Control Window Film Prestige Exterior Series— This film helps block up to 97% of the sun’s infrared light and significantly blocks harmful UV rays that cause furniture to fade. This film can last up to 7 years when professionally applied to commercial and residential homes.
- 3M™ Sun Control Window Film Ceramic Series— This film will reject up to 59% of the heat coming through windows and 80% of infrared light that helps block out heat, keeping the interior of your building controllable and increasing the comfort of your space.
- 3M™ Sun Control Window Film Neutral Series— Helps reduce the infrared rays coming from the sun allowing you to reduce heat within your building. This film allows for a seamless and unchanged view once applied to the windows and allows you to increase the longevity of your building.
- 3M Spectrally Select Window Films— Combining solar heat and window clarity to enhance clarity, longevity, and energy efficiency for a more productive workspace. The nano-technology in this film reflects light and reduces glare and eye discomfort all while giving the benefit of heat control.
By choosing NGS’s products, you will ensure the comfort of your space and see increased savings over the years, saving you money and having more control within your business while taking part in the American Job Plan agenda.
Want to learn more? Watch our on-demand webinar to learn how to improve energy efficiency, aesthetics, occupant comfort, and security with sun control window films.